If you`re a landlord in New South Wales, you know that a tenant agreement form is an essential part of renting out your property. This legally binding document outlines the terms of the tenancy, including the rent, security deposit, and length of the lease. It`s important to have a thorough, well-written agreement to protect yourself and your property.
Here are some key things to consider when drafting a tenant agreement form in NSW:
1. Get the basics right: The agreement should include the names of the tenant(s) and landlord, the address of the property, the term of the lease, and the amount of rent due each week or month. It should also state when the rent is due, and how it should be paid.
2. Be clear about the rules: The agreement should outline the rules of the tenancy, including any restrictions on smoking, pets, or guests. It should also detail what the tenant is responsible for maintaining, such as the condition of the property and any appliances or fixtures.
3. Address maintenance issues: In NSW, landlords are responsible for maintaining the property in good condition, while tenants are responsible for reporting any maintenance issues as soon as possible. The agreement should outline the process for reporting and addressing maintenance issues, including who is responsible for the costs.
4. Include a bond lodgement form: In NSW, landlords are required to lodge a bond with the Rental Bond Board. The agreement should include a bond lodgement form for the tenant to sign, acknowledging that the bond has been paid and lodged.
5. Cover ending the tenancy: The agreement should include details on how the tenancy can be ended by either party, and what notice is required. It should also outline the process for returning the bond and any other relevant paperwork.
Remember, a well-written tenant agreement form can protect both you and your tenant, and ensure a smooth and stress-free tenancy. If you`re unsure about how to draft an agreement, consider seeking legal advice or using a template that has been specifically designed for New South Wales.